Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'll Tell the World That I'm a Christian

Many of you know that our family is about to leave for Rome, Italy and live there for nearly three months. Our goal in going to Italy is to share Jesus Christ with those who live there and also those who will come to visit for Easter. Many will come seeking some spiritual guidance from a religion that tells them they must work for salvation.

I don't know all of my reader's spiritual backgrounds. I don't even know if I have many readers!

I'm learning that God can use me any way I'm willing to be used... even through some silly blog. So, I thought I would share my spiritual background and maybe it will give you a little insight in to why God has asked our family to go to Italy.

I grew up going to Sunday School and church. My parents weren't perfect by any means, but they knew we should be in church. I grew up singing all the Sunday School songs and hearing all the Bible stories. I knew about God and His Son, Jesus. I was taught that He was someone who loved me and cared about me. At nine years old, my parents divorced. I, being the oldest child, was a devestated wreck. I remember crying so much and not understanding any of it. How could my dad leave us like that? Why was this happening to our family? I began turning to the only thing that I knew of that was Solid and Sure. Even at that young age, I knew that the only ONE that could help me ... be there for me ... never leave me ... was God. He was as real to me as anything I ever knew and by trusting and believing in Him, I knew that I could have Him as a real part of my life. In understanding that I was a sinner and then believing that His Son, Jesus Christ, died for that sin in my life, I was saved from hell and a life of seperation from Him. As time went on and I grew in my understanding of who Jesus really is and the blessings that He has for me, I wanted to live my life for Him. Sure, I have gone through some pretty rocky times. I haven't been perfect, nor will I ever be, but through it all, Jesus has been my Solid and Sure.

I often think about those who don't have Jesus Christ as that Solid Rock. This world is so full of sin and sorrow. I often wonder how people can cope without Jesus. How can they live life without the kind of hope that Jesus offers? Everything else seems so superficial.

I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian, I'm not ashamed His name to bear.
I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian, I'll take Him with me anywhere.
I'll tell the world how Jesus saved me, and how He gave me a life brand new.
And I know that if you'll trust Him, all He gave me, He'll give to you.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Thank you for sharing! This is my first visit to your blog, but I see we share a similar theme :). I am so glad that you will be sharing the Gospel with those who are perishing in a religion of works and ritual. I will pray for your family as you travel to Italy that God will give you many opportunities to share with people and that the Holy Spirit will prepare the "ground" of their hearts to hear and receive the gospel.

Tx family said...

So well said and what wonderful promises from Him who gives all. God bless you with boldness, peace, and health for the journey. May the seeds be multiplied over and over.

Remember the beauty of your background song,
"Learning to Lean on Jesus"

Travelin Pilgrim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

Thank you for sharing and sowing seeds... sometimes it's discouraging not knowing if we are doing any good, but we have to trust that the seeds of truth we sow will someday come to fruition.

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.