Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gratituesday - A Friend


I have had the privilege of meeting lots of people as we travel around and move from place to place. I have to be honest and tell you that sometimes I am guarded against building too deep of a friendship though because, chances are, I won't be around for too long. I never intentionally leave, but the Lord has had us move more times than not! It has strengthened my faith and as I meet people, sometimes you just can't help but reach out to someone you "click" with. Each friendship has added something new to my life and encouraged me in ways that sometimes I didn't even know I needed encouragement in.


I've just had to leave that sort of friend. It breaks my heart, because it was breaking hers. I really hate that. She was kind enough to tell me how I had encouraged her in several areas and strengthened her life in ways I never knew I was doing. At the same time, this was encouraging ME to continue to walk with the Lord and live my life with Him as my guide, never knowing what kind of ways I was impacting someone else. I'm glad that the Lord can use me. If that means making friendships that I may not have forever here on earth, than I guess I'll have to take that chance. I rather be an encouragement and have others be an encouragement to me, than to live my life in a shell.


Thank you, Heather, for your friendship. I pray you'll be blessed as you serve Him.

1 comment:

The Zikes said...

Glad to see you made it safely!! Thanks for your kind words. Miss you, love you, and appreciate you.

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.