Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Monday, March 29, 2010

American Dinner

I am so excited. We have invited our neighbors upstairs, who also happen to be who we rent from, over for an American Dinner. They have said yes and so tomorrow, I plan on cooking them an American meal.

I wasn't sure what was exactly American. It seems like we eat food from just about every other country! I guess when I think about it, the first thing that pops in to my head is McDonalds, or a hamburger and fries etc... That didn't sound very good to me... I was looking for something a little more, shall we say, upscale? Anyway, my next thought was meatloaf. Don't know if that is exactly just American either. What do you think?

For the sake of time and lack of knowledge on my part as to what is truly American, I have gone with the following menu. Our family will love it anyway and hopefully, our neighbors will too.
  • Meatloaf
  • Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
  • Peas

I was going to make a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for dessert, but she asked if she could please bring dessert. It will be Polish, so how could I refuse!? She is Polish and her husband is Italian.

Please be praying for our evening. We have become very nice friends and I would love the opportunity to share the Gospel with her.... well even if we weren't nice friends, but you understand what I mean...

I hope to take pictures, so join me again later this week for an exciting episode of "An American Dinner". Aren't I in a silly mood!

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.