Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gratituesday - Sonshine in My Soul

We have been in Italy for about six weeks now. I can't believe it! To be honest, some days it seems like forever ago and other days not so much.

During that time, I would say that 5 out of the 7 days of the week have been rainy or very cloudy. No complaining, because I have lived in the Pacific Northwest, but it does start to work on my mood.

This week I am rejoicing because it has been sunny now for 4 days straight and I am loving it! It just really adds a new "spring" to my step! I think it must be that way for a lot of people, even in Italy. The whole town seems to come alive. The birds are chirping, the flowers are popping out and things are starting to look so much greener. The sky is blue and the water glistens.

I started thinking about all of this, and I love the analogy it gives me when we start to let the SON shine in our soul. Doesn't it give you a fresh "spring" in your step! Doesn't it make you just want to shout and sing His praises! When your soul has been washed and cleansed with the Word of God, when you've been forgiven and when your attitude is right... your whole person just comes alive.

I hope you are experiencing some Sonshine in your soul today!


Heavenly Sonshine, Heavenly Sonshine
Flooding my soul with glory divine
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing singing His praises
Jesus is mine!

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.