Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Monday, April 19, 2010

This and That




All our bags are packed. The cupboards and refrigerator are bare. We were to fly out today.


However, it was not to be. It seems there is a volcano that has a broken valve. Most European flights have been cancelled for days. The world must stop and stand in awe of one of God's creations and there's not a thing they can do to prevent it.

I took a walk today. It was a beautiful day and the Monday Market was going on about two miles from us, up the main road. I decided to go by myself and enjoy taking the long way there. Thank you, Lord, for a sweet husband who is willing to substitute teach!

I wish I would have brought my camera so that I could take pictures along the way and then show you. The wildflowers are all in bloom. There were many that I didn't recognize, but then there were also red poppies and buttercups. The yards and gardens were blooming with lilac, wysteria, daisies and lavendar.

The countryside was beautiful. The farmers were out tilling their fields. I heard the sound of chickens and saw the sheep grazing on the hillside. An Italian Nonna (grandma) stopped and asked me my name. I now know what a field of artichokes look like.

I arrived at the market, bustling with every other Italian person in town. The vendors shouted out their goods to sell. Shoes, clothes, purses and linens were hanging over head and lying on tables below. Beautiful plants were all in a row and a booth with fruits and vegetables looked so colorful.


Now, I'm home. The children are all using their imaginations to have their own market in our living room. Math books are put away for the day, but the learning continues, even if they don't know it!

Yes, we must stay here for another week. Life goes on no matter where you are. I'm just a travelin pilgrim, looking forward to my heavenly home. Can you imagine what sights and sounds I'll see there? The wonder of it all, is that all the sights and sounds will be irrelevant compared to the sight of THE KING.





No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.