Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Gift to Receive



I have never been one to accept gifts very well.

If you know me, you already knew that.

I absolutely LOVE to give things to people... love to be a help.... love to be a service.

BUT it is very hard for me to take those things from someone else. I feel like I might be inconveniencing someone or that they may not be being sincere. Maybe they might feel like I'm taking advantage of their kindness if I say "yes" to what they are trying to give. I find it hard to just accept what they give and say thank you.

Am I the only one?

A few years ago, someone told me that when we don't accept someone's offer of service or a gift that they are willing to give, we may be robbing them of a blessing. Just like I want to be a blessing to someone else, when they want to be a blessing to me, I may not be allowing them to do that ... thus, I am "stealing" their blessing AND maybe even a blessing from God. Ever since that time, I have tried to say "yes". Even so, it is still hard for me to comprehend that someone may truly want to do something for me and to just allow them to.

I was sitting in church today and the thought occurred to me that many, many people are like that.

Maybe this is why so many can't or won't really accept God's gift of Eternal Life. They feel like they have to do something in return ... or maybe that they don't deserve it. Maybe this is why there are so many religions that have good works attached.


A FREE gift.... So unworthy... All of us! ...


Can we just accept this gift of Salvation and just love Him all the more for it?


No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.