Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our American Meal - Part two



Our American Meal went well. We had a good time introducing some new things to our friends upstairs. They are so very nice and we couldn't ask for better! I almost didn't get this picture! I apologize for the darkness, but it is the best I have.

My girls did such a great job! They decorated the table so sweetly! They were very well-behaved ( I threatened no dessert) and Alena's girls were so sweet to play with them for a little bit.

Dinner tasted good and they asked questions about how it was prepared etc...

I was not able to talk to them about the Lord. I did tell them that we wanted to thank God for our food before the meal. This was a little different for them, but they received it fine. They were only with us for about an hour, so the timing just wasn't right to talk further.

Here is the recipe for the meatloaf we had. I have never been a meatloaf person, until I found this recipe. The sausage makes it taste so much better! I was able to find all the ingredients here, except the sausage was only in links and not ground. So, I had to take it out of the links to mix it with the ground beef. I also had to go from memory, so if your a friend of mine and I've given you the recipe before, it may be a little different. If this recipe is new to you, I hope your family will enjoy it as much as ours!



Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground sausage
1 can finely chopped tomatoes
1 cup bread crumbs (I made my own)
2 eggs, beaten
2 T oregano
2 T basil
1 T rosemary
1 lg garlic clove crushed
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure to get everything mixed together thoroughly. Form two loaves. Place in two bread pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Enjoy them both, or freeze one for another day!

2 comments:

Tx family said...

What a cute picture and a treasure for you to have to remind you of what nice friends you've made. They look like they enjoyed it very much and the meatloaf sounds great.

Good job girls!!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Congratulations! You are the winner of my giveaway for the Gooseberry Patch book "Recipes for Kindness" Please email me your full name and address and I will mail your book as soon as possible.

:)

annewithane65@yahoo.com

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.