Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Monday, October 22, 2007

Trusting My Saviour

A few days ago, God gave me the opportunity to be a blessing to some ladies at a church we've been attending this summer. I was asked to speak at their monthly ladies meeting and, even though I am not a speaker, I was thankful to be used by the Lord. I thought I would share some things that I spoke to them about. Maybe it will be a blessing to you as well.
It is not easy to be going to a foreign country for three months. I have a new appreciation for those who spend their lives in a foreign field! God has been slowly working on my heart over the last few years and even though I am no where near where I should be, I am learning to place ALL my trust on Him. So often we give lip service to God and say that we trust Him, but when things aren't the way we think they ought to be, all our trust in Him goes out the window and we start trying to depend on ourselves and our own methods. So, I felt like the Lord was laying on my heart to share with these ladies some of what God has been dealing with me about. It is a wonderfully safe place to be when you realize that God, through His mercy and grace, loves us and desires the absolute best for us. Here are some excerpts....
After realizing that my life was not working out exactly as I had planned " I began to realize that man makes the plans, but God directs his steps. I started to realize that I needed to put my ideas aside and what I thought was best and really seek the Lord. 'Open thou my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.' (Ps. 119:18) As I started seeking the Lord and really spending time with Him, He started showing me that different circumstances in our lives were molding us and changing us and building us to be what we needed to be for the Lord. God was preparing us for His service in a way that I still cannot imagine. God's ways are perfect and mine are not. I just need to trust Him and be obedient right now in the things that He is teaching me. Everything else will fall into place. I encourage each one of you to give Jesus all that you have and trust Him with every part of you. Delight yourself in Him and commit your ways to Him. (Psalm 37:3-9) What a blessing it is to walk with the Lord and give Him your life. When you are struggling and even when you're not, you can trust the Saviour to take care of you every step of the way."
I hope that this little bit was a blessing and an encouragement to you. I can imagine that as we go to Italy, I will learn trust in even a different way than I have before. I can honestly say though, that I am eagerly awaiting how I might bring honor to Jesus and glory to Him alone.

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.