Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers


Mothers Day was a very sweet day for me this year. People say that we ought to show mothers our appreciation more than just one day a year. This is true, but rarely done! I feel for the mothers who are not even shown appreciation on Mother's Day. This year, my kids really got in to it, especially the two oldest. They are at the age where it is fun to plan surprises and do special things for people. I was glad to be the recipient this time and I can only pray that they continue to have a desire to do special things for people.


What really spoke to my heart was the message that our pastor gave on Sunday morning. His number one point was that mothers should have a vision for their children. Do I see in each of my children's future, a child that God can use? Am I training them accordingly? Do I see beyond just the day to day tasks of taking care of these four jewels God has given me?


Motherhood has its rewards and privileges, but it sure has its responsibilities as well. Some days I feel such a burden. Am I doing it right? Am I training them correctly? Some days I just want to throw in the towel! I am then reminded that it is only through Christ living through me that my children have a hope. I cannot do it without the Lord's strength. "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands" Prov. 14:1 May my prayers each morning and throughout my day be ones that are continually asking the Lord for strength and wisdom and then may I follow the path He has laid out for me.

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.