Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Monday, May 12, 2008

What Now?

Sometimes life seems like one routine or another. We easily get in to our ruts and each day goes by without much new to write home about. Slowly, OUR life has taken on its routine as we have moved in to our home and adjusted to our new surroundings. Routine can be good with four children, homeschooling and an active schedule. I have noticed that my children and our family as a whole, have done quite better when they know what to expect and what to do when. It is the "rut" of life that concerns me. I don't want to develop a rut where I fail to notice the blessings around me or the needs of those around me. I don't want to be in such a routine of life that it is difficult to adjust when different circumstances occur that are unavoidable.


What does any of this have to do with being a traveling pilgrim here on this earth? Sometimes life seems to be at a stand still as we wait on the Lord. It is during these times, that we have the opportunity to learn and grow as we wait on Him. As a mother, am I taking this opportunity to train my children as we go through out our day? As a wife, am I able to sit and wait on the Lord as a submissive and praying wife? As a friend and neighbor, am I taking the opportunity to share Christ with those He has put me around in this season of my life?


Life may seem like it is just a routine at times, but our focus is still looking towards the goal, our heavenly home. I thank the Lord for the opportunities He has given me at this time in my life. My prayer is that I'll use them to point OTHERS to that heavenly home as well.


Stay tuned for more info on our Routines....

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.