Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Friday, June 27, 2008

My Bible

As I was reading a new blog I came across, I found this poem that I thought was so neat. Some of you may be familiar with it and some may not. None the less, I hope it will encourage your heart today. If you'd like to read more encouraging words, I recommend Watering Wells of Hope . She does a good job of using Scripture to encourage your soul.

My Bible

Though the cover is worn, and the pages are torn, and though places bear traces of tears.
Yet more precious than gold, is this Book worn and old, that can shatter and scatter my fears.
When I prayerfully look, in this precious old Book, many treasures and pleasures I see;
many tokens of love,from the Father above;
Who is nearest and dearest to me.
This old Book is a guide,'tis a friend by my side; it will lighten and brighten my way.
And with each promise I find, it soothes and gladdens my mind, as I read it and head it today.
To this Book will I cling, of it's worth will I sing;
Though great losses and crosses be mine.
For I cannot despair, though surrounded by care,
While possessing this blessing divine. - Annon.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Hello! I've added you to my blog roll, thanks for joining! I look forward to getting to know you.

~~Deby said...

Hope's blog is a favorite of mine as well, she is a dear Christian lady who has such a walk with the Lord and is so much encouragement.
Deby

HOPE said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I just happen to find you on my visitng list! Thanks for stopping by...

I got the poem many many years ago and have carried it tattered in my Bible all those years! It is a priceless poem as is our BIBLE!

I appreciate very much your post about my blog.

Nice to meet you!
HOPE

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.