Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Pride and Joy


Today I thought I would share with you a little about each of my children. It's kinda fun thinking about them and who God made them to be. Their personalities are all so different and they each add so much to our family, all in their own little way.


I'll start with my oldest. He is all boy! My husband and I were married nearly four years before we had him. We were beginning to wonder if we were going to be able to have children, but God has blessed us tremendously with four. Our son is the leader of the pack. He recently turned nine and is now doing a lot of changing right before our eyes. He is no longer a little boy and he is now interested in more "older boy" things. He is starting to make decisions on his own, which can sometimes be a good thing and other times we have to remind him that we're still the parents. He also started working for a neighbor this summer, so this has given him a little more responsibility. Our son loves to tease his sisters and he loves to wrestle with anyone who will wrestle him back. I tease him and say that he is not allowed to hit his momma, but then I just wrestle him to the ground. I tell him that it's my job and that I have to keep him in line. He has a sensitive heart though too.


Our next oldest is my number one helper. She is now seven years old and I remember when she was pulling on my skirts constantly. She was always close to me when she was little and would rarely let me out of her sight. She's grown up a lot since then, but she is still my most reserved, until you get to know her. She can talk your ear off then! She is always eager to help me in the kitchen or help take care of her baby sister. She can definitely be a little momma and she keeps me in line when it comes to remembering our schedule etc...


Our third child is our drama queen! She would also win the prize for being the most talkative. I don't know that she has a still bone in her body either. She is now four and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. She will keep this homeschooling momma on her toes, I'm sure! She loves to play with her doll house and all her babies and she is starting to enjoy playing with her little sister more. It is fun to watch them actually play and converse together.


Our baby of the family is not such a baby anymore. She is now two and a half and is becoming quite the little independent! We are going through the whole potty-training thing and she just about has it. There are still a few accidents, but not everyday! PTL! She is my most mischievious and I can't tell if this is just part of her, or if it is mommy's fault! I like to think it is a little of both. I just can't keep up with her as much as I could when there was just one child! She is usually so sweet though and it is so special to here her say "Mommy, can I have this? Please!" I figure that she is at least asking and I usually can't say no (unless I have good reason to). She is usually asking in reference to food though. She is also a very good eater. She has always enjoyed her food!


My children are such a blessing to me. I can't even remember a time when they weren't around. Writing this out has helped me remember the joy that they are. Parenting is such a struggle at times and it is often hard to know whether I am training them right or not, but I have also learned to depend more and more on the Lord in this area. He is the source of wisdom and promises to give it to all those who will ask. My prayer is that my children will one day call upon His name as their source of wisdom and that I will be able to say


" I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" 3 John 1:5

1 comment:

~~Deby said...

oh these are sweet .....what cute kiddos
Deby

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.