Welcome to our ministry blog. We invite you to read about what God is doing as we reach the world for Christ
from the streets of Rome. As you read, please pray! Our Next Ministry Trip will be starting April 11, 2022.


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This World is Not My Home

Do you ever feel a little down in the dumps sometimes? Do the circumstances of the day get you down and out? Do you ever turn on the television and wonder what is going on with today's society?!

I have days like that sometimes. I'm sure that there are a lot more people than just me that have those kind of days too. I've discovered that I can sit and fret and worry OR I can remember that this world is not my home and I'm only passing through! Does this mean I'm to be just sitting around waiting for the Lord to call me home? No, I think I need to have a smile on my face and joy in my heart as I remember what I'm heading towards and then I should also be showing that same joy to those around me in the hopes that by my words and actions I can take them with me! Ok, now that I've shared this... do I have it perfected? No, I will admit that there are days that my mind knows the answer, but my heart just doesn't follow. However, those days get fewer and fewer the more I spend with my Saviour.

So, when you feel a little discouraged. Sit down, have a cup of tea and grab your Bible. Then remember that you are just a pilgrim passing through!

No comments:

Hebrews 11:13,15,16

... These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off and were PERSUADED of them, and EMBRACED them, and CONFESSED that they were STRANGERS and PILGRIMS on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country... But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.